Mar 20, 2019
BIDDEFORD, Maine - Fourteen different players scored to lead the Bowdoin College women's lacrosse team to a lopsided 24-2 victory over the University of New England on Wednesday afternoon.
The 18th-ranked Polar Bears stand at 2-3 after the victory. The Nor'easters fall to 3-4 with the loss.
- Bowdoin scored the first dozen goals of the game, putting the contest into running time just 14 minutes into the match.
- Katie Miller had three goals in the game-opening run while Kate Kelly and Elizabeth Growney had two apiece.
- Bowdoin led 15-1 at the break and coasted to a 9-1 advantage in the second half.
By The Numbers
- Katie Miller ended with a team-high three goals and was joined by first-year Hadley Carlton, who also rallied a hat trick.
- Eliza Denious had four assists in the win
- Erin Morrissey made one stop for Bowdoin in the first half while AaliyahBiondo made two second-half saves.
- Bowdoin owned a 36-5 shot advantage in the win.
The Polar Bears return to action on Saturday at noon when they host Middlebury College.