BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College women's lacrosse team scored the first ten goals of the game in an eventual 16-5 non-conference win over Wheaton on Sunday afternoon at Ryan Field.
The Polar Bears move to 8-3 this season with the victory while the Lyons fall to 5-6 overall.
- Bowdoin methodically pulled away in the first half, scoring the first ten goals over a span of 22:50.
- Katherine Miller scored all of her four goals in the run, which also included two goals from Elizabeth Growney and Kate Kelly.
- Maggie Dymes got Wheaton on the scoreboard at 4:43 of the opening half, but Bowdoin's Hannah Hirschfeld notched her second goal of the period with 2:10 to go, giving the hosts a 11-1 lead at intermission.
- The Polar Bears outscored the Lyons 5-4 in the running-time second half. Alexandra Logan scored twice for Bowdoin while Katie Peters and Maddy Lahm each had two goals for Wheaton.
By The Numbers
- Bowdoin held a 40-12 advantage in shots, including 24-3 in the first half and committed just nine turnovers in the victory.
- Katherine Miller led all scorers with four goals for Bowdoin while Kate Kelly had three. Elizabeth Growney and Allison Williams had two goals and an assist each for the Polar Bears.
- Maddy Lahm and Katie Peters had two goals apiece for Wheaton.
- In goal, Bowdoin's Kayli Weiss (one GA, one save) and Erin Morrissey (four GA, two saves) split halves. Wheaton's Molly Witten made nine saves (13 GA) in the first 42:30 before giving way to Galicia Rothe (three GA, four saves) over the final 17:30.
- Bowdoin heads to Waterville on Wednesday for an important NESCAC match at Colby at 7:00 p.m.
- Wheaton heads to Wellesley for a 4:00 p.m. match Wednesday afternoon.