MIDDLEBURY, Vt. - The second-ranked Middlebury College women's lacrosse team was too much for Bowdoin on Saturday afternoon in a 14-4 decision at Kohn Field.
The 17th-ranked Polar Bears fall to 6-2 (2-2 NESCAC) while the second-ranked Panthers improve to 6-0 (4-0 NESCAC) with the victory.
- The Panthers scored the first six goals of the game to take an early lead courtesy of six different scorers.
- The Polar Bears got on the board with a Katherine Miller goal at 16:38 , but the Panthers closed the first half on a 4-1 run to take a 10-2 lead at halftime.
- Middlebury outscored Bowdoin 4-2 in the second half, despite goals from Eliza Denious and Katherine Miller, to finish off the 14-4 win.
By The Numbers
- Katherine Miller and Eliza Denious scored two goals apiece for Bowdoin.
- Grace DeWald had three caused turnovers for the Polar Bears.
- Three players scored two goals each for Middlebury, led by Hollis Perticone, who had two goals, seven draw controls and three caused turnovers.
- Kayli Weiss stopped 12 shots in goal for the Polar Bears while Julia Keith made six saves for Middlebury
- Middlebury held a 40-17 advantage in shots for the game.
- Bowdoin will head to Trinity for a noon start next Saturday, March 31.