ENGLEWOOD, Fla. - The Bowdoin College women's lacrosse team got back into the win column with a 20-12 non-conference win over Rochester Institute of Technology on Tuesday evening in Florida.
The Polar Bears move to 3-1 with the win while RIT drops to 1-2.
- Bowdoin exploded for 14 first half goals to put the game out of reach early.
- With the Polar Bears holding a slim 6-4 edge midway through the frame, Bowdoin outscored the Tigers 8-2 over the final 17:38 of the half to take a commanding 14-6 edge at the break.
- RIT opened the second half on a 4-1 run to close the gap to 15-10 with 18 minutes to go, but Bowdoin replied with a 3-1 surge to push the lead back to seven goals with under ten minutes to play, clinching the victory.
By The Numbers
- Bowdoin first-year Katherine Miller continued her torrid start to the season, scoring three goals with two assists.
- Hannah Hirschfeld led Bowdoin with four goals. Kara Finnerty also had three goals and an assist for the Polar Bears.
- Morgan Pinado dominated the circle, winning ten draw controls in the victory.
- Halsey McKinney had four ground balls for Bowdoin while Kate McAloon had four draw controls, two ground balls and two caused turnovers.
- Kayli Weiss topped 14 shots in goal for Bowdoin.
- Bowdoin returns to action with a NESCAC match against Hamilton at Punta Gorda, Fla. on Thursday evening at 7:30 p.m.