Posted: Apr 09, 2017
NORTON, Mass. - The Bowdoin College women's lacrosse team rolled to its second win in as many days Sunday as it ran away from Wheaton in a non-conference win, 16-4.
The eighth-ranked Polar Bears improve to 9-2 this season with the win.
- Bowdoin jumped ahead 5-0 in the first eight minutes of play, led by two goals from Hannah Hirschfeld.
- After Wheaton's first goal of the day, Kelsey Gallagher countered two minutes later for the Polar Bears, sparking a 6-0 run that lasted the following 12 minutes and giving Bowdoin a 11-2 lead at intermission.
- Hirschfeld completed her hat trick two minutes into the second half with an assist from Leigh Fernandez as the Polar Bears had the game in running time for most of the second half.
By The Numbers
- Kara Finnerty joined Hirschfeld with a hat trick to lead the Bowdoin scorers.
- Allison Williams has two goals and two assists in the victory
- Three Bowdoin goals saw action: Kayli Weiss, Erin Morrissey and Jess Cloutier
- The Polar Bears owned a 33-12 edge in shots and 17-5 advantage in draw controls for the contest.
- Bowdoin hosts Colby in a huge NESCAC contest on Wednesday evening at 7:00 p.m.