BIDDEFORD, Maine - The Bowdoin College women's lacrosse team cruised to a 20-7 non-conference win at the University of New England on Tuesday evening.
The 16th-ranked Polar Bears were never challenged in improving to 2-0 on the year while handing the Nor'easters (2-1) their first loss of the campaign.
- Bowdoin exploded for eight goals in the opening 14:14 of the game, jumping to an 8-1 lead thanks to two early goals apiece from Kelsey Gallagher and Hannah Hirschfeld.
- The Polar Bears carried a 12-4 lead into halftime as Hirschfeld scored twice more before the break.
- Bowdoin pushed the game into running time in the second half, scoring six consecutive goals at one point.
By The Numbers
- Hirschfeld scored a career-high five goals while Gallagher scored a career-high seven points on four goals and three assists for Bowdoin.
- Kara Finnerty assisted on three goals, collected five draw controls and caused three turnovers for the Polar Bears. Annie Glenn added two goals, three assists and grabbed eight draws.
- Kayli Weiss made three saves in the opening half before giving way to Erin Morrissey in the second period, who did not make a save.
- Bowdoin will battle Williams in a NESCAC contest that is currently scheduled for Saturday at noon on Ryan Field.