WATERVILLE, Maine - Sasha Fritts scored five goals to lead the Colby College women's lacrosse team to a 11-5 win over Bowdoin on Tuesday evening at Alfond Field.
The Mules improve to 9-2 (5-2 NESCAC) while the Polar Bears fall to 5-7 (1-7 NESCAC).
- Fritts scored the first three goals of the game to give Colby the early lead
- Bowdoin got one back from Lindsay Picard before the Mules replied with a pair of scores in the final 14 minutes to take a 5-1 lead at halftime
- Bowdoin scored two of the first three goals in the second half as Picard and Megan O'Connor closed the gap to 6-3 with 21 minutes remaining
- Colby rebounded with a 4-1 run, including two more goals from Fritts, to extend their advantage to 10-4 with 4:30 to go
By The Numbers
- Izzy Scribano made five saves for Colby while Kayli Weiss and Erin Morrissey made two saves apiece for the Polar Bears
- Bowdoin was led by two goals from Picard, who also had four ground balls and three caused turnovers
- Anisa LaRochelle had three ground balls and two caused turnovers for the Polar Bears
- Bowdoin will return home for a conference game against Wesleyan on Saturday at noon