BOSTON, Mass. – Tala Glass scored in overtime to cap Bowdoin women's hockey 3-2 comeback victory over UMass-Boston on Sunday afternoon.
The Polar Bears played back-to-back overtime games this weekend and leave the Codfish Bowl with a 3-2-1 overall record. The Beacons are 3-6-1 on the year.
- UMass-Boston took the lead 9:18 into the game. Jane Ann Drill fired a shot high off the boards behind the net. Erica Lunn collected the puck and backhanded a shot off a Bowdoin defender and inside the near post.
- Just two minutes later Lunn doubled the Beacons lead. Cailey Kozich tipped the puck to Lunn along the boards who took a low angle shot, burying the puck five hole.
- Bowdoin broke through on its fourth power play opportunity of the game, midway through the second period. Izzi Stoddard sent a back-door pass to Meg Galanos for a one-timer. Galanos found the inside near post to cut the deficit in half.
- The Polar Bears again scored on the power play in the third to even the score at 2-2. Katie Leininger skated in from the from the circle and sent a hard shot on net that was tipped by Angelina Joyce.
- Joyce connected with the crossbar early in overtime. Glass finally ended the game at 3:23 with a hard shot that deflected off Caty Flagg's shoulder and into the net.
By the Numbers
- Dani Marquez ended the day with 18 saves for Bowdoin.
- Flagg made 46 stops to keep the Beacons in the game.
- Bowdoin went 2-for-5 on the power play and spent no time in the penalty box.
- The Polar Bears return to Watson Arena on Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. against Anna Maria.