BOSTON, Mass. – The Bowdoin women's hockey team tied Stevenson University 1-1 in overtime but failed to advance to the Codfish Bowl final with a 2-0 shootout setback.
The Polar Bears are 2-2-1 on the season, while the Mustangs are 4-2-2. The game counts as a tie for both teams.
- The Polar Bears held a commanding 20-6 shot advantage in the first period, including a pair of power play opportunities. Bowdoin was unable to solve Annika Carlander to take the lead.
- Allyson Barlow scored a power play goal just under five minutes into the second to put Bowdoin on its heels. The goal came while the Mustangs were on a five-on-three power play.
- Izzi Stoddard forced overtime with a solo mark in the third. The junior's goal came with 4:18 remaining in regulation.
- Bowdoin managed a pair of shots in overtime, but were unable to end the game. The Polar Bear defense kept the Mustangs shotless during overtime.
- Bowdoin failed to convert on either of its first two shootout attempts, while the Mustangs had two successful conversions.
By the Numbers
- Madeline Carlson made 17 saves for the Polar Bears, earning a tie for her first start in net.
- Carlander made 45 stops for the Mustangs.
- Stevenson went 1-for-4 on the power play. The Polar Bears were 0-for-2.
- The Polar Bears face host UMass-Boston at noon on Saturday.