HARTFORD, Conn. – The Trinity women's ice hockey team scored with five seconds remaining in regulation to defeat Bowdoin 3-2 in the Polar Bears season finale.
Bowdoin ends the year at 3-19-2 (2-13-1 NESCAC). The Bantams (11-10-3, 8-5-3 NESCAC) secured a spot in the NESCAC playoffs.
- Bowdoin jumped out to a 2-0 lead by the first intermission.
- Tala Glass scored an early power play goal at 1:56 off a feed from Izzi Stoddard.
- Stoddard found Katie Leininger in the last second of the first period to put the Polar Bears up 2-0.
- Trinity chipped away with a goal at 14:53 in the second and an equalizer under two minutes into the third.
- While the game looked to be heading into overtime, Caelin Flaherty picked the puck up in Bowdoin's zone and buried a shot with five seconds remaining in regulation.
By the Numbers
- Kerri St. Denis made 50 saves for the Polar Bears.
- Kai-Lilly Karpman turned away 24 shots.
- Bowdoin went 1-for-4 on the power play.
- Trinity was 0-for-6 on the power play.