Feb 15, 2019
HARTFORD, Conn. – The Bowdoin women's hockey team fell to Trinity 3-2 in overtime on Friday evening.
The Polar Bears slip to 3-18-2 (2-12-1 NESCAC) and the Bantams improve to 10-10-3 (7-5-3 NESCAC).
- The Bantams took an early 1-0 lead on a quick power play goal at 3:05 in the first.
- Bowdoin responded three minutes later as Angelina Joyce buried an unassisted power play goal.
- Trinity took its second lead of the game with 5:55 remaining in the second period as Sierra Lee tallied her tenth goal of the season.
- Again, Bowdoin found an equalizer on the power play. This time Tala Glass and Izzi Stoddard set up play at the blue line before Katie Leininger put the puck in the net with under two minutes remaining in the second.
- Angelica Mushenko scored 1:47 into overtime to hand the Bantams the win.
By the Numbers
- Sophia Lattanzio made 41 stops for the Polar Bears.
- Kai-Lilly Karpman made 17 saves for Trinity.
- Bowdoin went 2-for-5 on the power play.
- Trinity went 1-for-5 on the power play.
- The two teams play on again on Saturday in the regular season finale at 7:30 p.m.