BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Williams women's ice hockey team earned the series sweep with a 3-0 win at Bowdoin on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears are 0-10-1 (0-4-0 NESCAC) and the Ephs leave Maine at 8-2-1 (4-2-0 NESCAC).
- The Ephs jumped out early with a goal 3:17 into play. Avery Dunn pulled the puck off the right boards just inside Bowdoin's zone and skated in for a shot on Kerri St. Denis. Amanda Reisman cleaned up the rebound, putting a shot past the left skate of St. Denis.
- Reisman set up the Ephs second goal by carrying the puck from the right boards towards net. With a scramble in front of the net Michaela O'Connor pushed the puck across the goal line as the net came off its anchors.
- Bowdoin successfully killed a two minute 5-on-3 power play for Williams five minutes into the second period.
- Brynn Puppe set up a power play goal in the second, extending the lead to 3-0, with a pass to Meghan Halloran from the left point to right post. Halloran centered the puck for a quick deflection by Abby Brustad.
By the Numbers
- St. Denis made 37 stops for the Polar Bears.
- Chloe Heiting made 36 saves for the Ephs.
- Williams went 1-for-6 on the power play.
- Bowdoin was 0-for-6 on the power play.
- Bowdoin plays its final non-conference game of the season on Wednesday at home against Castleton with a 4:00 p.m. start.
- Williams hosts Colby on January 11 for a NESCAC series beginning at 7:00 p.m.