BOSTON, Mass. – The host UMass-Boston women's ice hockey team shut out Bowdoin 2-0 on Sunday afternoon in the consolation round of the Codfish Bowl.
The Polar Bears are still in search of their first win and sit at 0-4-0. The Beacons are 4-5-1 on the year.
- Despite outshooting the Beacons 15-5 in the opening period, Bowdoin was unable to find the net. The teams entered the first intermission scoreless.
- UMass-Boston broke the game open seven minutes into the second period. The Beacons converted 1:30 into the power play off a goal by Edy Moritz.
- An empty net goal in the final eight seconds of the game extended the Beacons edge to 2-0.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin held a 29-22 edge in shots and went 0-for-4 on the power play.
- UMass-Boston went 1-for-5 with the extra skater.
- Kerri St. Denis made 20 saves for Bowdoin.
- Caty Flagg made 29 stops for the shutout.
- Bowdoin hosts Endicott on Friday at 7:00 p.m.