BOSTON, Mass. – The Bowdoin women's hockey team continues its search for a first win after falling 4-0 to Manhattanville in the Codfish Bowl opener on Saturday evening.
The Polar Bears sit at 0-3-0 on the season as the Valiants remain unbeaten at 4-0-1.
- Manhattanville scored a pair of goals in both the first and last periods to account for all the game's scoring.
- The Valiants scored 2:57 into the game and added another even strength goal midway through the first frame.
- In the third period, Tianna Lopes scored her second goal of the evening to extend Manhattanville's lead to three. The Valiants scored on a power play in the final 26 seconds to cap the win.
By the Numbers
- Manhattanville held a 28-25 edge in shots.
- Bowdoin went 0-for-5 on the power play while the Valiants were 1-for-6.
- Kerri St. Denis made 24 stops for the Polar Bears.
- Rose Pijaca made 25 saves for the shutout.
- Angelina Joyce and Julia Surgenor led Bowdoin with five shots a piece.
- The Polar Bears play UMass-Boston at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday.