Posted: Nov 17, 2018
WATERVILLE, Maine – The Bowdoin women's hockey team fell 3-1 to Colby in the season opener on Saturday evening.
The Polar Bears drop to 0-1-0 (0-1-0 NESCAC) as the Mules climb to 1-0-0 (1-0-0 NESCAC).
- The two teams felt each other out in the opening period, leaving the game scoreless after 20 minutes of action.
- The Mules took the lead with 2:10 remaining in the second frame off a solo effort from Tay Munson.
- The hosts opened up the third period with a goal just 37 seconds into action. Colby won the opening faceoff and worked the puck into Bowdoin territory where Lexi Cafiero netted a feed from Sadie Kuhn
- Bowdoin cut its deficit in half midway through the frame, in the waning seconds of a power play. Marissa Fichter notched the team's first goal of the season with assists from Izzi Stoddard and Nell Fusco.
- Colby pushed its lead back to two as Aimely Michaud-Nolan buried a shot with 6:38 remaining in the game
- Bowdoin pulled its goalie for the final 2:39 but was unable to convert with the extra skater.
By the Numbers
- Kerri St. Denis made 20 stops in net for the Polar Bears.
- Cierra San Roman had 26 saves for Colby.
- Bowdoin went 1-for-4 on the power play.
- The Mules were 0-for-1 with the extra skater.
- The two teams finish off their NESCAC series at Bowdoin on Sunday at 3:00 p.m.