BRUNSWICK, Maine – Julie Dachille recorded her third hat trick of the season to lead the Bowdoin women's hockey team to a 3-0 win over Trinity on Friday evening.
The Polar Bears improve to 11-8-3 (5-7-3 NESCAC). The Bantams fall to 7-15-1 (3-11-1 NESCAC).
- Dachille scored 3:04 into the game to give the Polar Bears a quick 1-0 lead. Dachille skated into a pair of Trinity defenders, maintained control of the puck, and broke through behind the duo. She then roofed a shot on Sydney Belinskas for her first of the period.
- Hannah Oganeku accounted for a pair of quality Bantam chances in the period, including a shot from the low slot that Kerri St. Denis made a blocker save on, five minutes into play.
- Kelcie Finn beat a Bowdoin defender to the puck for a breakaway while on the penalty kill. Finn took the puck near post only to see St. Denis make a glove save.
- Bowdoin doubled its lead at 8:35 as Tala Glass fired a shot from the right point. Brooke Solomon tipped the puck as it slid past, deflecting it to the far post. Dachille finished off feed with another quick redirect.
- With under two minutes to play in the period, Oganeku fired a laser towards St. Denis who again made a glove save.
- Maureen Greason put a slapshot on net with seven minutes to play in the game, but Belinskas made a kick save.
- Again, on the penalty kill, Oganeku broke away for a look on net but was unable to solve St. Denis.
- Dachille capped the hat trick by burying a no angle shot from the right side of Trinity's net. Solomon poked the puck out of Bowdoin's own zone and Dachille skated the length of the ice to finish the play with 1:35 to go.
By the Numbers
- Dachille notched her third hat trick of the season to lead the Polar Bears.
- St. Denis made 27 saves for her fourth shutout of the year.
- Belinskas made 21 stops for Trinity.
- Trinity went 0-fof-3 on the power play.
- Bowdoin went 0-for-2 with the extra skater.
- The two teams return to Watson Arena Saturday afternoon for a 3:00 p.m. game.