BEVERLY, Mass. – The Bowdoin women's hockey team fell behind early and could not come back in a 4-2 non-conference matchup at Endicott on Tuesday evening.
The loss is the only out of conference setback for the Polar Bears (10-8-3) in the 2017-18 season. The Gulls climb to 18-4-2.
- The Gulls scored just 1:25 into the game and doubled their lead four minutes later. Meaghan Farragher got the hosts started with her first tally of the season, followed by Jade Meier for the 2-0 lead.
- Jess Cloutier cut Endicott's lead in half 1:28 into the second frame, finishing off a feed from Marissa Fichter and Tala Glass.
- Endicott extended its lead to 4-1 with a pair of goals in the 12th and 13th minutes of the period.
- A shorthanded goal by Tala Glass at 6:32 in the third, again cut the Gulls' lead in half.
By the Numbers
- Sophia Lattanzio played two periods in net for Bowdoin and turned away 19 shots.
- Madeline Carlson played the final 20 minutes for the Polar Bears and stopped all seven shots she faced.
- Alyssa Peterson earned the win with 21 saves.
- Bowdoin went 0-for-2 on the power play.
- Endicott went 0-for-7 with the extra skater.
- Bowdoin returns home for the conclusion of the regular season with a NESCAC series against Trinity, beginning on Friday at 7:00 p.m.