BIDDEFORD, Maine – The Bowdoin women's hockey team returned to the win column with a 3-2 victory over host UNE on Tuesday evening.
The Polar Bears end a four game skid to climb to 7-4-1, while dropping the Nor'Easters to 6-6-5.
- Tala Glass put Bowdoin on the board with 1:30 remaining in the first period on a solo effort, for her fourth goal of the season.
- The Nor'Easters evened the game with a shorthanded tally midway through the second period. Capitalizing on a mishandled puck by Bowdoin at the top of the zone, Shannon Upton broke away behind the Polar Bears for a one-on-goal. The tie stood until 52 seconds remained in the period.
- Julie Dachille backhanded a shot towards Caty Flagg, finding the five-hole to regain the lead for Bowdoin.
- The Polar Bears opened the third period on the power play and converted 1:06 into play. Brigit Bergin fired a shot from the left point towards net, with Brooke Solomon deflected the puck into UNE's net.
- With an extra attacker in the final minute, the Nor'Easters pulled within one. Jessie Scott put a shot towards Sophia Lattanzio and snuck the puck through to cap a scramble in front of Bowdoin's net.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin went 1-for-6 on the power play.
- UNE was 0-for-2 on the power play.
- Lattanzio ended the day with 18 saves.
- Flagg made 46 stops for UNE.
- Bowdoin hits the road for a NESCAC series at Middlebury, beginning on Friday at 7:00 p.m.