WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Bowdoin women's ice hockey team suffered its first loss of the season in a 5-2 NESCAC series opener at Williams on Friday night.
The Polar Bears fall to 6-1-1 and 1-1-1 in conference play. The Ephs collect their first NESCAC win of the season to climb to 6-3-2 (1-2-2 NESCAC).
- Williams scored seven minutes into the game on a power play tally by Candace Lu. The defender handled through the Bowdoin defense towards the left circle and wristed a shot to the far side.
- Annie Rush added another tally just 90 seconds later, collecting a centering pass from Kearan Burke and carrying down the slot. Rush drew Kerri St. Denis and put the puck away for a 2-0 lead.
- Two minutes later, Brigit Bergin took a shot from the left point. Julie Dachille waited on the right post and deflected in Bowdoin's first of the game.
- Lu notched her second goal of the game, in the second period, to give the Ephs a 3-1 edge going into the third.
- Nell Fusco stripped a Williams player of the puck in the offensive zone and rattled a shot off the pipe to pull Bowdoin within one in the final period, tallying her first career goal.
- Williams added two more goals in the waning minutes to hand the Polar Bears their first loss of the season.
- The two teams square off again tomorrow at 3:00 p.m.