MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – The Bowdoin women's ice hockey team fell 2-0 to Middlebury on Friday evening off a pair of Maddie Winslow goals.
The Panthers (8-3-3, 4-0-3 NESCAC) collect their second straight home shutout. The Polar Bears drop to 6-7-1 and 3-4-0 in NESCAC play.
- Kelly Sherman put a shot off the crossbar on Middlebury's opening possession.
- Winslow lifted a loose puck over Sophia Lattanzio with 15.4 seconds remaining in the first period to tally a power play goal and put the Panthers up 1-0.
- Middlebury doubled its lead 1:31 into the middle frame as Winslow put away her second of the evening. Lattanzio made the initial save on a one-timer by Elizabeth Wulf in the slot, but Winslow came in from the corner to tuck away the rebound.
By the Numbers
- Lattanzio made 28 saves in net for Bowdoin
- Julia Neuburger made 13 stops for the Panthers
- Bowdoin went 0-for-4 on the power play
- Middlebury was 1-for-5 with the extra skater
- The two teams face off again tomorrow afternoon at 3:00 p.m. to complete the weekend series.