BEVERLY, Mass. - The Bowdoin College women's ice hockey team skated to a 2-2 tie at Endicott in a non-conference game on Tuesday evening.
The Polar Bears, who are 3-1-1 in their last five games stand at 6-6-1 overall this season. The Gulls move to 8-5-3 with the tie.
- Bowdoin found itself in an early hole as Caroline Hughes scored an unassisted power play goal for the hosts 9:42 into the contest
- The Polar Bears rebounded before the end of the period, however, as Maddy Hall found the back of the net at 11:38 to tie the game
- Just 26 seconds later Marissa Fichter took a Miranda Bell feed and scored to give Bowdoin a 2-1 lead at the end of the opening frame
- Endicott scored just 1:22 into the second period as Maggie Layo evened the score
- That proved to be the final goal of the contest as the teams played the final 43:38 to a scoreless draw
By The Numbers
- Bowdoin goaltender Sophia Lattanzio did her part, making 28 saves to move to 2-1-1 this season
- Vendela Johnson made 36 stops for Endicott as Bowdoin held a 38-30 advantage in shots
- The Polar Bears went 0-5 on the power play while Endicott went 1-4
- Bowdoin returns to action on Friday evening with the opener of a two-game set at Middlebury, facing off at 7:00 p.m.