WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Williams College women's ice hockey team used a five goal second period to down the visiting Polar Bears by a 7-1 final on Friday evening.
The Ephs improve to 6-3-0 (4-1-0 NESCAC), while snapping a two game winning streak for Bowdoin (3-5-0, 1-2-0 NESDCAC).
- Chelsey Stevenson tallied a shorthanded goal to break the game open 5:27 into the first period.
- Michaela Levine scored the eventual game winner with under four minutes to play in the opener.
- The Ephs tallied five goals in the second period, including three in just over a minute, to extend their lead.
- Miranda Bell scored the lone goal for Bowdoin 9:32 into the final period with a feed from Marissa Fichter
By the Numbers
- Lan Crofton ended the day with 14 saves in net for Bowdoin. Sophia Lattanzio made 12 stops for the Polar Bears.
- Christina Cleroux stopped 17 shots for the Ephs.
- Williams was 2-for-2 on the power play
- Bowdoin went 0-for 2 on the power play
- The Polar Bears and Ephs play againt tomorrow at 3:00 p.m. on the Williams campus