MANCHESTER, N.H. – The Saint Anselm women's ice hockey team dealt the Polar Bears their fourth consecutive loss in a 5-3 game on Saturday afternoon.
Bowdoin drops to 1-4-0 on the season as the Hawks improve to 6-1-0.
- The two teams traded goals in the opening half of the first period with Marissa Fichter answering an early goal by Victoria Shea.
- Hallie Kent responded with the Hawks second of the period just one minute after Fichter tied the game.
- Sara McNamara scored her third goal of the season with the lone tally of the middle frame five minutes into action.
- Ashley Moran scored the eventual game-winner four minutes into the final period, with Ariana Bourque closing the gap for Bowdoin four minutes later.
- McNamara had her second goal of the game midway through the period.
- Miranda Bell scored the final goal of the game with 2:04 remaining.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin scored on three of the team 's 13 total shots, while Lan Crofton and Sophia Lattanzio combined for 34 stops.
- After allowing 18 shots in the opening period, the Polar Bears cut the Hawks chances to 12 and nine in the remaining frames.
- Both teams were unsuccessful on their power play opportunity.
- Bowdoin returns home after a four game road stretch to play UMass-Boston on Tuesday evening at 7:00 p.m. in Watson Arena.
- The Hawks travel to Colby on Tuesday night for a 7:00 p.m. game