BRIDGEWATER, Mass. – The Bowdoin College women's basketball team overwhelmed Colby-Sawyer 80-35 in the opening round of the Bridgewater State Tip-Off Tournament on Friday.
The fifth-ranked Polar Bears (3-0) advance to the Championship Game tomorrow against the host school at 2:00 p.m. Colby-Sawyer (3-1) loses its first game of the season.
- Bowdoin jumped to a 9-0 lead and never looked back, extending their advantage to double-digits just five minutes into the game.
- Bowdoin shot 54% (15-28) from the floor in the opening 20 minutes, including 6-for-12 (50%) from behind the arc.
- The Polar Bear defense forced 15 turnovers over the first 20 minutes and held the Chargers to 24% (6-25) shooting, taking a 39-19 lead into the break.
- A dominant third quarter extended the Bowdoin lead to 63-25 as the Polar Bears outscored the Chargers 24-6 in the period. Bowdoin got up by as many as 46 points (80-34) in the fourth quarter.
By The Numbers
- Moira Train led four Bowdoin players in double digits with 14 points, including five rebounds and five steals.
- Sela Kay (12), Annika Helmke (11) and Megan Tan (10) also saw double figures while Tan added six assists.
- Bowdoin assisted on 21 of its 29 field goals and finished at 45% shooting for the game, holding Colby-Sawyer to just 22% from the field.
- The Polar Bears tallied 33 points off 28 Charger turnovers in the win.
- Bowdoin will play Bridgewater State in the Tip-Off Tournament final on Saturday at 2:00 p.m.