WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. - Five players scored in double figures as the Bowdoin College women's basketball team shot nearly 60% from the field in a dominant 93-56 win at Williams on Saturday afternoon.
The top-ranked Polar Bears improve to 22-0 (8-0 NESCAC) while Williams falls to 10-12 (4-4 NESCAC).
- Bowdoin never trailed in the game, but Williams stayed within striking distance in the early going, and was within three points, 19-16 late in the opening frame.
- The Polar Bears took complete control in the final minute of the first quarter and into the second frame, rolling off a 16-2 run that pushed their edge to 35-18 with six minutes to go before the half.
- Bowdoin rode their hot shooting to a 50-31 lead at the break.
- The Polar Bear defense clamped down in the third quarter, holding Williams to just ten points while Abby Kelly sparked a 23-point outburst with seven points of her own.
- Bowdoin poured it on in the fourth quarter, extending their lead to as many as 43 points in the final period.
By The Numbers
- Bowdoin finished at 59.4% shooting in the win, including 54.5% from three-point range.
- Maddie Hasson scored a game-high 20 points with ten rebounds for Bowdoin, going 8-11 from the field.
- Abby Kelly scored 17 points with six boards while Taylor Choate added 13 points and five steals for the Polar Bears.
- Sela Kay and Moira Train had ten points apiece for Bowdoin, who got 35 points from their bench.
- Lauren Vostal had 18 points to lead Williams.
- Bowdoin held a 43-28 edge in rebounding and scored 52 points in the paint in the win.
- Bowdoin returns to action next weekend with a pair of home games for Senior Weekend, Friday against Connecticut College at 7:00 p.m. and Saturday against Wesleyan at 3:00 p.m.