BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin College women's basketball team remained unbeaten with a 93-42 non-conference win over New England College on Tuesday evening at Morrell Gymnasium.
The top-ranked Polar Bears improve to 20-0 for just the second time in program history, matching the start posted by the 2003-04 squad, which went on to win its first thirty games. The Pilgrims fall to 11-8 on the campaign.
- Bowdoin scored the first seven points of the game and never trailed in the contest.
- Abby Kelly scored nine early points to spark the Polar Bears, who pushed the lead to double-figures five minutes into the game, 15-5.
- The Polar Bears led 26-12 after one quarter and carried a 48-29 lead into intermission.
- Bowdoin dominated on both ends of the floor in the third quarter, outscoring the Pilgrims 28-4. The Polar Bears held NEC to 7% shooting in the frame and forced nine turnovers.
- The Polar Bears' 51-point margin of victory matched their largest lead of the game.
By The Numbers
- Taylor Choate scored a game-high 18 points, connecting on 5-7 from the field and 7-7 from the free throw line in the win. She also added five assists.
- Three other Polar Bears saw double digits, including Abby Kelly (15), Maddie Hasson (12) and Sela Kay (12).
- Rene Hudson led New England College with 17 points. Daleia Boutwell had 10 points for the Pilgrims.
- Bowdoin finished at 45% shooting for the game and owned a 52-37 edge in rebounding. The Polar Bears scored 16 second-chance points and tallied 30 points off 27 NEC turnovers.
- Bowdoin returns to NESCAC action with a road game at Middlebury on Friday night at 7:00 p.m.
- New England College will play a NECC game at Eastern Nazarene on Saturday at 1:00 p.m.