PRESQUE ISLE, Maine – The top-ranked Bowdoin College women's basketball team had six players in double figures in a 102-44 win at Maine-Presque Isle on Monday afternoon.
The Polar Bears move to 16-0 with the win while the Owls drop to 5-10.
- Bowdoin never trailed although UMPI stayed within shouting distance for most of the opening quarter.
- Leading 14-8 after six minutes, the Polar Bears ended the first quarter on a 10-3 run to take a 24-11 lead.
- The Polar Bears put the game away in the second quarter, outscoring the hosts 31-8.
- Bowdoin connected on 59% of their shots in the period as Maddie Hasson scored seven points to give the Polar Bears a 55-19 lead at the break.
By The Numbers
- Bowdoin surpassed the century mark for the third time this season, ending at 53% shooting for the game.
- Maddie Hasson scored 15 points in just 11 minutes to lead the Polar Bears. Presque Isle native Hannah Graham matched her with 15 points in the win.
- Samantha Roy had 11 points, four assists while Abby Kelly, Sela Kay and Moira Train had ten points apiece.
- Bowdoin held a 52-23 edge in rebounding, scored 24 second-chance points and had 39 points off turnovers in the win.
- The Polar Bears also held a 56-6 edge in bench scoring.
- The Polar Bears return to action on Saturday with a NESCAC home game against Colby at 2:00 p.m.