BANGOR, Maine – The Bowdoin College women's basketball team raced past Husson for a non-conference road win on Tuesday evening, 86-48,
The top-ranked Polar Bears improve to 13-0 while the Eagles fall to 7-6 on the season.
- Samantha Roy and Abby Kelly got Bowdoin going with a pair of three-pointers, sparking a 9-0 game-opening run as the Polar Bears never trailed.
- The Polar Bears pushed the lead to double digits in the first quarter, leading 24-11 after ten minutes, and extended the lead to 48-25 at halftime.
- Bowdoin outscored Husson 22-10 in the third quarter and cruised the rest of the way to the 38-point win.
By The Numbers
- Bowdoin netted 14-34 (41%) from three-point range in the win and dominated in all aspects, controlling the boards (51-31), forcing 20 Husson turnovers and holding the Eagles to 35% from the field for the game.
- Taylor Choate scored a game-high 15 to go with six assists and three steals.
- Abby Kelly scored 13 with five boards while Sela Kay (10) and Annie Boasberg (14) sparked a 40-point effort by the Bowdoin reserves.
- Bowdoin cashed in 23 second-chance points and 23 points off turnovers in the victory.
- Bowdoin hosts a pair of games at Morrell Gym this weekend, against Trinity on Friday (7:00 p.m.) and Southern Maine on Saturday (6:00 p.m.).