BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin College women's basketball team sprinted to a 94-56 victory over Colby-Sawyer in the finale of the Coastal Classic Tip-Off Tournament on Saturday.
Maddie Hasson scored a career-high 27 points to lead the second-ranked Polar Bears (2-0) to an unbeaten weekend. The Chargers drop their first game of the season and fall to 2-1.
- Back to back three-pointers by Maddie Hasson sparked a game-opening 16-5 run for the Polar Bears, who never trailed.
- Bowdoin extended its lead to 47-25 at the break and led by as many as 39 points in the second half on their way to the victory.
By The Numbers
- Hasson was outstanding, hitting on 12-15 shots from the field to eclipse her previous career-high of 18.
- Abby Kelly also saw double figures with 11 points and connected on her 100th career three-pointer in the first quarter.
- In all, thirteen different Polar Bears scored in the game, including nine off the bench from Sela Kay.
- Lexie Hamilton led Colby-Sawyer with 16 points.
- Bowdoin held a 43-30 edge in rebounding and forced 22 Charger turnovers. Bowdoin scored 30 points off turnovers and added 27 second-chance points.
- Bowdoin heads to Biddeford to face the University of New England on Tuesday evening at 5:30 p.m.