MIDDLETOWN, Conn. - The Bowdoin College women's basketball team concluded a fantastic regular season with an 88-51 victory over Wesleyan on Saturday afternoon.
The third-ranked Polar Bears finish the regular season at 23-1 (9-1 NESCAC), the best regular-season mark for the program since they finished the 2006-07 regular season with a 24-1 mark. They will be the second seed for the upcoming conference tournament and will host a NESCAC Quarterfinal game at Morrell Gymnasium on Saturday, February 17 with opponent to be determined following Sunday's final NESCAC regular season game between Tufts and Trinity.
- Bowdoin came out hot and jumped out to a 10-0 lead within the first 3:29 of play.
- Wesleyan used a 7-2 run capped off by a three-pointer from Maeve Vitale at the 4:02 mark to cut the deficit to five (12-7) but it proved to be the closest the Cardinals would get the rest of the way.
- A three-point play by Abby Kelly with 00:25 on the clock gave Bowdoin a 24-11 lead after one.
- The Polar Bears continued to increase their lead in a high scoring second quarter, pushing their lead to 21 points at the break, 51-30.
- It was all Bowdoin in the second half after outscoring the Cardinals 27-10 in the third quarter to claim 78-40 lead entering the fourth, putting the game out of reach.
By The Numbers
- Five different players scored in double-figures for Bowdoin as Kate Kerrigan and Hannah Graham led the way with 13 each.
- Lydia Caputi pulled in a team-high seven boards and Taylor Choate dished out a game-high five assists. Choate also scored 12 points, grabbed five boards and recorded three steals.
- Bowdoin held a 50-34 edge in rebounding and forced 21 turnovers, converting them into 26 points.
- The Polar Bear bench also outscored Wesleyan 50-12 in the win.
- Bowdoin will host a NESCAC Quarterfinal game next Saturday in Morrell Gymnasium with game time and opponent to be determined.