MEDFORD, Mass. – The Bowdoin College softball team fell to Amherst, 4-0, in the quarterfinals of the NESCAC Tournament on Saturday at Tufts University.
The Polar Bears likely finish their season with a record of 26-11. Amherst advances to the NESCAC semifinals with a record of 20-10.
- The contest was deadlocked at 0-0 until late, when Amherst plated three runs in the sixth inning to take the lead.
- Singles by Alyson Plaman and Sage Innerarity sparked the three-run rally for the Mammoths. Amherst then added an insurance run in the seventh on a run-scoring double by Audrey Hansen in the seventh.
- Bowdoin could only muster two hits in the game with their best rally coming in the fourth inning when they put the first two runners on base, but went down in order.
By The Numbers
- Ruby Siltanen took the tough-luck loss, allowing three earned runs in six innings of work.
- Lorena Ukanwa got the win for Amherst, permitting just two hits and striking out nine in a complete game.
- Kasey Cunningham and Maddie Rouhana had the hits for Bowdoin.
- Audrey Hansen reached base three times for Amherst.