MEDFORD, Mass. – Jamie Stevens hit a homerun in the top of the seventh inning to lift the Tufts softball team to a 5-4 victory over Bowdoin on Friday afternoon.
The Polar Bears (12-8, 1-3 NESCAC) as the Jumbos improve to 18-3 (4-0 NESCAC).
- The Jumbos took the lead in the top of the first off an RBI single from Sofia Molina.
- Bowdoin took the lead in the third with an RBI single from Caroline Rice and a two-run double off the bat of Maddie Rouhana.
- Tufts tied the game with two runs in the fourth and took the lead in the sixth off an RBI single.
- Ruby Siltanen tied the game for Bowdoin in the bottom of the sixth, doubling to left center.
- Tufts won the game on a homerun in the seventh by Stevens.
- Kate Hoadley pitched 5.1 innings and allowed nine hits with two strikeouts.
- Siltanen pitched the remainder of the game and allowed two hits and one run.
- Kristi Van Meter allowed five hits with seven hits for the Jumbos.
- Karlye Pallotta, Rouhana, and Siltanen all had tagged doubles.
- Kasey Cunningham had two stolen bases.
- The two teams faceoff again tomorrow for a doubleheader beginning at noon.