HARTFORD, Conn. – The Bowdoin softball team suffered a Saturday sweep at Trinity, falling 7-2 and 3-2 in the pair of games.
The Polar Bears are 12-7 (1-2 NESCAC), while the Bantams climb to 9-4 (2-1 NESCAC).
Game One Highlights
- Bowdoin took its only lead of the game in the top of the third. With runners on first and second, Caroline Rice put a ball towards third, allowing Karlye Pallotta to score on the error.
- Trinity responded with a six-run bottom half of the inning. Jenna Thomas tagged an RBI double to get the Bantams rolling. Hannah Zukowski added a two-run single, as did Maura Keary.
- With the bases loaded, Samantha Witmer wore a pitch to push a runner across the plate.
- Bowdoin got one run back in the sixth off an RBI single from Allison Rutz.
- Courtney Erickson doubled for the Bantams in the bottom half of the inning, to drive in another run.
- Rutz suffered the loss with 2.2 innings of work and six runs allowed. Rutz walked three and struck out three. Ruby Siltanen pitched the remainder of the game, allowing two hits with seven strikeouts.
- Kasey Cunningham went 3-for-4 the pace the Polar Bears.
- Trinity's starter, Madeline Spencerorel, pitched five innings with seven hits and three strikeouts.
Game Two Highlights
- The Bantams went ahead 1-0 on an RBI single in the bottom of the second.
- Bowdoin scored in the fourth to tie the game, as Rutz tagged an RBI single.
- In the fifth, the Polar Bears took the lead off the bat of Rice. Rice doubled to center to drive in a run.
- Trinity tied the game in the bottom of the fifth as Zukowski tagged an RBI single.
- Cassidy Schiff scored the walkoff run on a wild pitch in the seventh.
- Cunningham, Rice, and Maddie Rouhana all had doubles. Rouhana went 2-for-3 at the plate.
- Courtney Erickson was the only Bantam with multiple hits, going 2-for-3.
- Kate Hoadley suffered the loss with seven hits, one walk, and two strikeouts.
- Jordan Stephan pitched four innings and allowed six hits with four strikeouts and a pair of walks. Lindsay Pressman pitched three innings.
- The Polar Bears are scheduled to host Tufts for a NESCAC East series beginning on Friday.