CLERMONT, Fla. – The Bowdoin softball team concluded its Florida trip with a Friday split against St. Olaf and Ramapo.
The Polar Bears return to Maine with an 11-6 record after falling 3-1 to St. Olaf (6-3), and defeating Ramapo (6-6) by a 10-1 margin.
Game One Highlights
- St. Olaf took a 1-0 lead in the top of the first off an RBI single by Hannah Matthies.
- The Lions tacked on two more runs in the following inning as Emily Carr cranked a two-run double.
- Bowdoin got on the board in the fourth as a bases loaded walk by Kasey Cunningham pushed Natasha Fingar across the plate.
- Allison Rutz suffered the loss with five innings of work and six hits allowed. The senior fanned three.
- Kate Hoadley pitched two innings, allowing as many hits and two strikeouts.
- Cunningham was the only Polar Bear to record a hit.
- Cunningham and Karlye Pallotta both had a stolen base.
Game Two Highlights
- The Bowdoin offense came alive in game two and scored steadily throughout the six innings.
- Rutz started the Polar Bears off with a two-run single down the right field line in the first.
- Ruby Siltanen added two more with a homer to left center in the fourth.
- Samantha Valdivia and Maddie Rouhana each tagged a double in the fifth, with Valdivia driving in Cunningham and Rouhana recording two RBI.
- Ramapo's only run came in the bottom of the fifth off a single to left.
- Bowdoin iced the game in the sixth with three more runs. Valdivia had an RBI single and Rouhana added a sacrifice fly to left. Valdivia eventually came around to score on a wild pitch.
- Siltanen earned the win with five innings of work and seven this allowed, while fanning five. Samantha Roy pitched one inning and recorded two K's.
- Pallotta, Valdivia, and Rouhana all had multiple hits.
- The Polar Bears return north for a NESCAC series at Trinity beginning on March 29.