CLERMONT, Fla. – Samantha Roy threw the fourth no-hitter in program history to lead the Bowdoin softball team to a 3-0 win over Framingham State on Tuesday afternoon.
The Polar Bears are 9-3 following the win over Framingham State (2-4) and a 9-0 win against Western New England (4-4).
- Bowdoin put a pair of runs on the board in the fourth. Kasey Cunningham scored from third on a wild pitch. Karlye Pallotta tagged an RBI single to center, scoring Samantha Valdivia, to double the lead.
- Valdivia drove in Bowdoin's final run in the sixth, doubling up the middle, and plating Cunningham.
- The only Framingham player to reach base was a leadoff walk in the seventh inning. Roy followed up with two quick strikeouts.
By the Numbers
- Roy pitched all seven innings, facing 22 batters, and struck out 10 batters. The leadoff walk in the seventh was her only blemish.
- Cunningham and Valdivia each went 2-for-3 at the plate.
- Pallotta had a stolen base.
- The Polar Bears play Calvin and Geneseo on Thursday.