CLERMONT, Fla. – The Bowdoin softball team earned a walkoff 8-7 win over Endicott and sprinted past Grinnell 14-6 for a pair of Monday wins.
The Polar Bears are 7-3 on the year. The Gulls are 3-1 and the Pioneers are 0-6.
Game One Highlights
- The Gulls plated three runs in the first inning to take an early lead. Jamie Hopgood added a solo homerun in the third to extend the lead to 4-0.
- Natasha Fingar's bases loaded walk in the fourth brought in Kasey Cunningham.
- Maddie Rouhana gave Bowdoin the lead with a grand slam to left field.
- A three run fifth inning regained the lead of Endicott of a pair of doubles.
- Rouhana drove in her fifth run of the game, singling through the right side, in the bottom of the fifth to tie things up.
- With runners on first and third, a one-out wild pitch allowed Samantha Valdivia to come home for a the walkoff run.
- Kate Hoadley started the game and pitched four innings. Ruby Siltanen pitched 2.2 innings before Samantha Roy came in to close out the final 1.1 with three strikeouts and the win.
- Allison Rutz tagged a double and Rouhana had the grand slam and five RBI.
- Cunningham had a pair of stolen bases.
Game Two Highlights
- Bowdoin exploded for six runs in the first inning against Grinnell. Caroline Rice got the Polar Bears started with an RBI single. A fielding error allowed another run and Bowdoin was quickly up 2-0.
- Karlye Pallotta tagged an RBI double to left and Rutz launched a three run shot over the left field fence.
- The Pioneers got a couple runs back in the bottom half of the inning, but Bowdoin responded with a Rouhana RBI single in the second.
- Grinnell made it a 10-6 game in the second. Maddie Matsubara hit a two run single and Mya Davis tagged a two run double.
- The game was controlled by the Polar Bears from that point as the team put three runs across the plate in the third. Katelyn Cox, Caroline Sablone, and Caroline Rice all drove in runs.
- Rice hit a two run double in the fifth and Valdivia doubled to drive in Rice. Rouhana wrapped up the day with an RBI double to left center.
- Rutz pitched all five innings and allowed seven hits with one strikeout.
- Rice totaled four RBI, followed by Rutz with three and Rouhana with two.
- Sablone, Cunningham, Valdivia, and Rouhana all had a stolen base.
- The Polar Bears play Framingham State and Western New England on Tuesday afternoon.