KISSIMMEE, Fla. – The Bowdoin softball team suffered its first doubleheader setback of the season in a 7-5 loss to Linfield and 6-5 loss to Clarkson on Sunday afternoon.
The Polar Bears are 5-3 on the year. The Clarkson Knights are 7-3 and the Wildcats are 7-5.
Game One Highlights
- Linfield jumped out to a three run lead in the top of the first, but Bowdoin's Samantha Valdivia tagged an RBI single in the bottom half of the inning to put the Polar Bears on the board.
- The Wildcats went up 7-1 with two runs in both the third and fourth innings before the Polar Bears found their offensive footing.
- Karyle Pallotta chopped a bases loaded shot to second and drove in Caroline Sablone to double Bowdoin's run tally.
- Caroline Rice scored in the fifth on a passed ball to make the score 7-3.
- The Polar Bears continued their comeback bid in the sixth with an RBI double off the bat of Pallotta.
- With Pallotta on third, Kasey Cunningham laid down a bunt single and drove in the run.
- Samantha Roy suffered the loss in the circle, pitching all seven innings, with ten hits allowed and six strikeouts.
- Pallotta also recorded a stolen base.
- Cunningham, Valdivia, Rice, and Allison Rutz all went 2-for-4 at the plate.
Game Two Highlights
- Bowdoin scored four runs in the first inning to take a quick 4-0 lead over the Knights.
- Rice tagged a two run triple to right center to put the Polar Bears up. Valdivia followed up by doubling to center and driving in Rice. Natasha Fingar plated Valdivia to round out the inning.
- Clarkson whittled away at the deficit with a two run third and another RBI single in the fourth.
- Maddie Rouhana singled to left in the fifth to push Bowdoin's lead back to two.
- The Knights completed the comeback with three runs in the sixth, including a pair off a double to left center.
- Ruby Siltanen opened the game with 3.1 innings of work and six hits allowed.
- Kate Hoadley pitched the final 2.2 innings with three strikeouts and four hits.
- Valdivia and Rouhana each had a double, while Rice tagged a triple.
- Pallotta and Cunningham both had a stolen base.
- Bowdoin plays Endicott and Grinnell on Monday.