WATERVILLE, Maine – The Bowdoin softball team completed the series sweep of Colby and turned around to split a doubleheader against Husson on Sunday.
The Polar Bears (18-6, 4-2 NESCAC) pinned a 13-1 setback on the Mules (1-14, 0-3 NESCAC). Bowdoin fell 7-4 to the Eagles (9-8) in game one, before bouncing back for a 10-1 win in game two.
Colby Game Highlights
- Bowdoin put a pair of runs on the board in the first inning and exploded for nine runs in the second. The Polar Bears added two in the fourth, answering a Colby run in the bottom of the third, to end the game in five innings.
- Maddie Rouhana homered twice in the second inning, accounting for the first-year's four RBIs.
- Caroline Rice tagged a double to drive in a pair of runs and totaled three for the game.
- Claire McCarthy drove in two runs while going 2-for-3 at the plate.
- Andrea Dorsa, Lauren O'Shea, Natalie Edwards, and Ruby Siltanen all drove in runs.
- O'Shea, Rice, and Ali Miller all recorded a stolen base.
Husson Game One
- Husson took the lead, scoring the game's first runs in the sixth inning. The Eagles went up 3-0, only to see Bowdoin plate four runs in the bottom half.
- Allison Rutz doubled, driving in a pair, and Rouhana added her third homerun of the day with a runner on.
- The Eagles scored four in the top of the seventh and Bowdoin was unable to answer.
- Rutz went 3-for-4 at the plate and matched Rouhana with two RBIs.
- Kate Hoadley suffered the loss in the circle, giving up nine hits while notching five strikeouts and two walks.
Husson Game Two
- Bowdoin raced into the lead in game two, posting three runs in the first inning. Rutz singled to left field and drove in Caroline Rice from second. Rouhana followed up with an RBI single and Natalie Edwards added another.
- The Polar Bears continued to produce in the second inning. Emma Stevens and Jordan Gowdy scored on a fielding error. Rice plated two more runs with a homer to center.
- McCarthy and Rutz tagged back-to-back homeruns in the fourth, totaling three runs.
- Husson spoiled the shutout with an unearned run in the fifth.
- Siltanen pitched all five innings and allowed just two hits.
- Rice went 3-for-3 with two RBIs. Rutz went 2-for-3 at the plate.
- O'Shea, Rice, McCarthy, and Rutz all drove in two runs.
- Bowdoin hosts USM on Wednesday in a doubleheader scheduled to begin at 3:30 p.m.