BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin softball team did not allow a run in two games, sweeping Colby in a Saturday doubleheader.
The Polar Bears climb to 16-5 (3-2 NESCAC), while shutting out the Mules (1-13, 0-2 NESCAC). Bowdoin pinned 12-0 setbacks on Colby in both games.
Game One Highlights
- Bowdoin put three runs on the board in the first inning, two in the second, and exploded for seven in the fourth.
- Maddie Rouhana led the Polar Bears with three RBIs off a homer to straight away center. Natalie Edwards also drove in a trio of runs.
- Caroline Rice and Claire McCarthy each drove in a pair of runs. Lauren O'Shea and Allison Rutz also recorded an RBI.
- Jordan Gowdy joined Rice and Edwards going 2-for-3 at the plate.
- Rice and McCarthy each tagged a double.
- Ali Miller and Edwards both recorded a stolen base.
- Kate Hoadley went the distance in the circle with six strikeouts and no walks. The sophomore allowed only three hits.
Game Two Highlights
- The Polar Bears jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the first inning. Bowdoin plated six more runs in the third and a pair in the fourth.
- Andrea Dorsa, Ruby Siltanen, and Rouhana all tallied doubles.
- Dorsa drove in three runs while going 2-for-2 at the plate. Samantha Valdivia recorded a pair of RBIs, also going 2-for-2.
- O'Shea, McCarthy, Edwards, Katelyn Cox, and Emma Stevens all drove in a run.
- Gowdy and O'Shea each had a stolen base.
- Rutz pitched all five innings, allowing as many hits. Rutz struck out two and walked on.
- Bowdoin and Colby complete the series on Sunday at Colby, beginning at 11:00 a.m.