MEDFORD, Mass. – The Bowdoin softball team suffered a 3-1 setback in their NESCAC season opener as Tufts took a late lead in the Friday afternoon game.
The Polar Bears drop to 13-4 (0-1 NESCAC), while the Jumbos climb to 12-4 (1-0 NESCAC).
- Bowdoin's Kate Hoadley cruised through the first four innings, allowing just one hit, before Samantha Siciliano launched a two-run blast in the fifth to take the lead.
- The Polar Bears took the lead in the top of the first of a solo shot from Lauren O'Shea over the left field fence.
- Tufts evened the game on an RBI double in the fifth by Emma Della Volpe, followed by Siciliano's two-run shot.
By the Numbers
- Jumbos pitcher Kristi Van Meter pitched a complete game, allowing four hits and one run with six strikeouts.
- Hoadley allowed four hits and three runs with a pair of walks in six innings.
- Claire McCarthy was the only player on either team to record multiple hits, as each team tallied four total.
- The two teams square off again tomorrow at noon.