CLERMONT, Fla. – The Bowdoin softball team cruised to a 10-0 five inning win over Fredonia on Tuesday afternoon.
The Polar Bears (8-3) put up multiple runs in the third and fifth innings to finish off the Blue Devils (6-9) in five innings.
- Caroline Rice put Bowdoin on the board with an RBI in the first, driving in Jordan Gowdy.
- The Polar Bears scored four times in the third, capitalizing on misplays by the Blue Devils. Lauren O'Shea put the ball in play, allowing Gowdy to score and Claire McCarthy came home on a wild pitch. McCarthy reached first on an RBI single previously in the inning.
- Samantha Valdivia capped the inning with an RBI single to center.
- Bowdoin scored five runs in the fifth for the quick victory. Natasha Fingar got the Polar Bears started, doubling to left, and Ali Miller drove in another run with a fly ball to left.
- Ruby Siltanen drove in a pair of runs as she doubled down the leftfield line. Katelyn Cox rounded out the game with an RBI single to center.
By the Numbers
- Siltanen led the team on both sides of the ball, pitching five shutout innings with four strikeouts and two hits allowed. The first-year also went 2-for-3 at the plate with two RBIs.
- Rice, Fingar, Miller, and Siltanen all recorded an extra base hit.
- Gowdy had a stolen base for the Polar Bears.
- The Polar Bears play Clarkson at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday.