Mar 16, 2018
LEESBURG, Fla. – The Bowdoin softball team dropped a pair of one-run games to Mt. St. Joseph on Friday.
The Polar Bears (4-2) fell 6-5 in game one and 3-2 in game two. The Lions conclude the day at 8-4.
Game One Highlights
- Bowdoin took an early lead in the bottom of the first. Allison Rutz put the Polar Bears on the board with an RBI single to center and Samantha Valdivia launched a three-run blast over the fence.
- The Lions made it 4-1 in the following inning, singling to center.
- Lauren O'Shea drove in a rebuttal run in the bottom half, sending Maddie Rouhana across the plate.
- Mt. St. Joseph scored four runs in the fourth to complete the comeback. Three singles and a lineout put the Lions on top.
- Valdivia went 2-for-4 at the plate with a homer and three RBIs. Andrea Dorsa was 2-for-3.
Game Two Highlights
- All three Lions runs came in the bottom half of the fourth, sparked by a single from MaKayla Hanes.
- A fielder's choice and groundout allowed the Lions to push two more runs across the plate.
- Bowdoin nearly completed the comeback with a two-run sixth. Valdivia scored on a passed ball and Natasha Fingar drove in Caroline Rice with an RBI single to center.
- Kate Hoadley pitched an entire game for the Polar Bears and recorded three strikeouts with no walks. Hoadley allowed four hits.
- Fingar went 2-for-3 at the plate.