CLERMONT, Fla. – The Bowdoin softball team returned to the win a pair of Sunday games against Farmingdale State and Western New England.
The Polar Bears (6-2) pinned a 9-1 setback on the Farmingdale State (0-4) and claimed a 2-0 victory over Western New England (1-3).
Game One Highlights
- The Rams scored first in the top of the third on a fielding error, but the Polar Bears responded with a seven run fourth.
- Ali Miller started the surge with an RBI single to left, followed by another from Allison Rutz.
- Samantha Valdivia grounded into a fielder's choice, driving in Claire McCarthy from third and allowing Rutz to score.
- The Polar Bears continued to roll with back-to-back RBI doubles to left from Jordan Gowdy and Lauren O'Shea.
- Bowdoin finished off the Rams with runs in the fifth and sixth to earn a six-inning victory. Rutz's ball to short drove in Andrea Dorsa and Caroline Rice singled to center.
- Ruby Siltanen earned the win, allowing just two hits with three strikeouts.
Game Two Highlights
- The Polar Bears and Golden Bears played three scoreless innings before Bowdoin broke through in the fourth.
- O'Shea put herself in scoring position with a leadoff walk and stolen base. McCarthy later doubled to left, driving in O'Shea.
- Rice drove in another run, this time with a single to left.
- Bowdoin escaped a two-out jam in the bottom half of the inning with runners on second and third.
- Kate Hoadley earned the shutout win in the circle with four strikeouts and five hits allowed.
- Natalie Edwards went 2-for-3 at the plate.
- Bowdoin faces New Paltz and Wooster on Monday afternoon.