LEWISTON, Maine - Kate Hoadley pitched a three-hit shutout at Bates on Friday afternoon en route to a 3-0 Bowdoin victory.
The Polar Bears climb to 25-8 (7-3 NESCAC) with the return to the win column. Bates falls to 10-14 (1-7 NESCAC).
- The game was a pitchers duel until the sixth inning. Both teams struggled to put runners on base or advance. Finally, with two outs, Marisa O'Toole tagged a solo homerun to left center in the sixth to give Bowdoin a 1-0 lead.
- Hoadley continued her strong performance in the circle and earned some offensive support in the top of the seventh as the Polar Bears plated two more runs. Samantha Valdivia singled to right center and the ensuing play allowed Lauren Nguyen to score. Jordan Gowdy followed up with an RBI single to right.
By the Numbers
- Hoadley struck out six and allowed only three hits in seven innings of work.
- Kirsten Pelletier allowed six hits with five strikeouts.
- Claire McCarthy went 2-for-3 at the plate.
- The two teams head to Brunswick for a Saturday doubleheader beginning at noon.