CLERMONT, Fla. – The Bowdoin softball team rebounded from a Sunday opening game loss to University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh with a rout of Plymouth State.
The Polar Bears are 4-4 following the 2-0 loss to UW-Oshkosh (9-3) and 9-1 win over Plymouth State (3-3).
Game One Highlights
- The Polar Bears stranded four runners on base, including a pair of two-out runners on third in the sixth and seventh innings.
- The Titans scored in the bottom of the second as Brianna Witter laid down a bunt single.
- Wiscoins-Oshkosh doubled its run tally in the bottom of the sixth as Claire Petrus doubled to center.
- Emily Griffin suffered the loss in the circle with two runs and six hits allowed. The senior fanned six Titans. The Polar Bears matched UW-Oshkosh with six hits.
Game Two Highlights
- Bowdoin's bats came alive in game two, combining for 14 hits and nine runs.
- Caroline Rice drove in the Polar Bears first run of the day with a single that scored Griffin in the third.
- The Panthers evened the game in the following inning as Abrie Davis reached on an error that allowed Cassidy Emerson to score.
- Bowdoin exploded for eight runs in the bottom half of the inning. Marisa O'Toole tagged an RBI double to begin the scoring. O'Toole eventually scored as Jordan Gowdy put the ball in play. Ali Miller and Allison Rutz both notched two-run doubles before Claire McCarthy knocked another RBI extra-base hit. Samantha Valdivia rounded out the inning with a single to center that drove in McCarthy.
- Samantha Roy picked up her first win of the season with five innings and three hits allowed. The sophomore recorded nine strikeouts and no walks.
- Miller and McCarthy both went 3-for-3 at the plate. Rice, Valdivia, and O'Toole were all 2-for-3.
- The Polar Bears face MCLA and Wisconsin-Eau Claire on Monday afternoon.