WATERVILLE, Maine – The Bowdoin nordic team earned a its first-ever title at the Maine State Championship "Chummy Broomhall Cup" on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears took the top spot in both the men's and women's races, combining for 18 points overall. Colby finished second with 32 points and Bates was third with 45.
Chummy Cup Highlights
- Elliot Ketchel won his first career race by over 30 seconds on the men's side. Sean Cork and Christian Gostout finished third and fourth to give the Polar Bears a dominant win.
- Gabrielle Vandendries and Renae Anderson finished one-two for the women, pacing the Polar Bears to the victory.
- Ketchel, Cork, Gostout, Vandendries, and Anderson were joined by Lily Johnston, Triana Willmert, and Cirque Gammelin as All-State honorees.
- Bowdoin improved from a runner-up result behind Colby in 2018.
- The Polar Bears race at the UVM Carnival beginning on February 1.