JACKSON, N.H. – The Bowdoin nordic team continued its strong start to the season at the UNH Carnival on January 18 and 19.
The Polar Bears posted extremely strong performances in the classic events, taking third on the men's side and fourth on the women's side.
- Gabrielle Vandendries paced the women in the 15K classic with a 12th place finish, followed 32 seconds later by classmate Renae Anderson in 18th.
- Elliot Ketchel continued his strong start with a fifth place finish in the 20K classic event. Christian Gostout and Sean Cork also turned in top-20 performances for the Polar Bears.
- Anderson paced the women in the sprint, landing in the top-25. First-year Perrin Milliken was the second fastest Polar Bear and scored points for the team, for the first time. Triana Willmert finished shortly after her classmate to also contribute team points for the first time.
- Ketchel and Cork were the top finishers on the men's side for Bowdoin with Noah Eckstein finishing 46th overall to produce his first team points.
- The Polar Bears compete at the Chummy Broomhall Cup, hosted by Colby at Quarry Road, on Saturday at 8:00 a.m. The Chummy Cup acts as the Maine Collegiate Championship.