LAKE PLACID, N.Y. – The Bowdoin College nordic ski team enjoyed a fantastic season-opening St. Lawrence Carnival last weekend in upstate New York.
The Polar Bears recorded 290 team points to finish fifth among 13 nordic teams, trailing only UVM, Middlebury, Dartmouth and Williams on the weekend.
- Elliot Ketchel paced the Polar Bears to a fourth-place showing in the men's 10K skate and fifth-place finish in the 10K classic in weekend action.
- Ketchel placed seventh in the skate (27:42.2) and ninth in the classic (29:45.6). Christian Gostout was 23rd in the skate (28:58.2) and 24th in the classic (30:38.5) for Bowdoin.
- Renae Anderson was outstanding for Bowdoin in the women's 10K classic, leading the team to a fourth-place finish overall in the vent. She was ninth in 35:41.5, followed closely by Gabrielle Vandendries in 16th (35:57.6).
- Anderson was 22nd in the women's 5K skate (16:42.8) with Vandendries in 35th (17:14.8).
- The Polar Bears will return to action this weekend at the UNH Carnival hosted in Jackson, N.H.