Feb 17, 2018
WOODFORD, Vt. – The Bowdoin nordic ski team continued its strong season with a fifth place finish among nordic teams at the Williams Carnival.
- Warm spring-like conditions made for difficult racing in Friday's 5/10K classic. Elliot Ketchel finished 9th, followed by Christian Gostout (20th), and Sean Cork (34th). Sam Shaheen posted a personal best classic finish in 35th.
- On the women's side, Renae Anderson led the way in 14th. Gabrielle Vandendries (19th) and Ellie Hands (38th) rounded out the top three.
- Temperatures dropped for Saturday's skate, resulting in icy fast conditions. The originally planned sprint race could not be held due to snow loss, resulting in an unusual 3.8k skate prologue.
- Ketchel posted a best-ever finish for a first year, finishing 6th, topping the mark set by Vandendries the previous weekend. Cork skated a personal best in 22nd and Jacob Adicoff finished 29th. Gostout finished right behind his team mate, resulting in four men's skiers earning NCAA qualifying points.
- Anderson led the way for the women in 18th, followed by Vandendries with a skate PR in 22nd, and Lily Johnston in 30th.
- Bowdoin heads to the Middlebury Carnival next weekend. The event doubles as the NCAA Regionals.