Jan 27, 2018
PRESQUE ISLE, Maine – The Bowdoin nordic team secured a second place finish at the Chummy Cup, the Maine State Championship, hosted by UMaine-Presque Isle over the weekend.
- The Polar Bears finished second behind Colby in the five-team race. Bates, UMPI, and UMF finished third through fifth.
- Five Bowdoin skiers, three women and five men, earned All-State honors.
- Renae Anderson and Gabrielle Vandendries came in third and fourth respectively to earn First Team recognition. Elliot Ketchel finished second on the men's side to join them as a First Team selection.
- Lily Johnston finished 7th for Second Team honors on the women's end. Sam Shaheen (6th), Christian Gostout (8th), Jacob Adicoff (9th), and Sean Cork (10th) were all named All-State Second Team as well.
- The women's race was delayed after the men, who raced first, discovered a hibernating mother bear and cubs just off the edge of the trail. Officials quickly rerouted the course and the women's race commenced.
- The Polar Bears head to the UVM Carnival on February 2-3.